POSITION X1823 Western Region Extension Area Specialist, 4-H Energy
LOCATION Information and Welcome Center at the West Tennessee Solar Farm, 1900 Albright Rd, Stanton, TN
EFFECTIVE DATE July 1, 2018. Screening of applicants’ credentials will begin July 1, 2018 and will
continue until the position is filled.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Full-time, non-tenure track, 100% Extension Appointment position. Salary is commensurate with training and experience. Continued employment is contingent upon performance and funding. Benefits include group hospitalization and life insurance, State Employees Retirement; Workers’ Compensation; sick and annual leave; numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs, including liberal time off for holidays and longevity pay after three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
• Provide leadership for planning, implementing, evaluating and reporting a regional youth educational program focused on solar and related energy and environmental stewardship.
• Develop Extension STEM educational curricula and resources focusing on energy.
• Acquire extramural funding to support, develop and enhance educational programs.
• Work in a multidisciplinary collaborative team environment to plan and market the educational programs.
• Deliver in-service training for Extension personnel, K-12 educators and other youth organizations.
• Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science and/or energy field of study, and a Master’s degree in Science, Education or closely related field.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally to both youth and adult audiences.
• Ability to develop and teach science-based curricula.
• Strong skills in science and technology and computer use for support and delivery of educational programs.
• Preference will be given to applicants with both science training and grades 4-12 educational experience.
• Complete online application: External Applicants Internal Applicants
• Attach to online application a completed application package that includes a 1) letter of interest, 2) resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) official or unofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred.
For additional information, feel free to contact the search committee chair:
Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science Department
2506 E. J. Chapman Dr.
Knoxville, TN 37996