Distance Learning Educator
Do you love environmental education? Want to make a difference in the future of our environment? Join our Crystal Springs LIVE team and deliver top quality environmental education programs to the youth of Florida. Crystal Springs LIVE educator will deliver top quality virtual field trips via state-of-the-art distance learning technology to students around the globe! This position is based in Zephyrhills, Florida at the amazing Crystal Springs Preserve.
This Distance Learning Educator Position aims to attract hard-working individuals with a commitment to enhancing the future of Florida’s environment. This outreach program has been developed in partnership with Crystal Springs Foundation, Inc. (CSF) and WaterVentures Florida’s Learning Lab (WV) to expand our reach to students around the world. For more information, visit our CSF website at www.crystalspringsfoundation.org or www.waterventures.us. This position will be cross-trained with our outreach vehicle, WaterVentures.
The Distance Learning Educator Position applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree (Bachelor’s Degree will be considered with relevant experience)
- Applicant should have strong communication and public speaking skills
- Applicant must be confident, self-motivated, outgoing and capable of working as a team member
- Teaching/ public speaking experience a plus
- Knowledge of distance learning technology and video development a plus
- Applicant will be required to fill in on the WaterVentures mobile learning lab as needed with advance notice.
- US Citizen
- Teach hands on, directed learning, environmental science activities in an exciting and dynamic manner
- Create new curriculum that is aligned with state standards
- Maintain equipment used in educational programs
- Represent the organization at community and professional events
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Applicant should be physically fit and able to interact with students and stand for extensive periods of time
- Applicants should be able to tolerate the typical Florida climate and be prepared to work in/out side
Educator Position Details
- Annual contract with full-time salary
- Start Date – May 2017
Final terms of employment will require: social security card, current driver’s license with good driving record, Level II background check, drug screening, and non-smoker.
Email resumes and references to:
Helen Scott, Admin Manager