Please send resumes, cover letters and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Grade: 2; Salary Range: $15.40 – $23.87
Position Type: Part-time / Non-Exempt
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment, training and coordination of the River Center volunteers as well as providing administrative office support for staff. Daily responsibilities include, but not limited to, greeting guests, recruiting new volunteers, assisting guests, answering phones, booking programs, posting on social media and other web applications.
- Recruit new volunteers through outreach and updating information for web-based volunteer search engines.
- Train new volunteers.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteers with Signup.com
- Provide volunteers with updates (monthly and as needed).
- Plan volunteer Appreciation Events and workdays.
- Plan development days for volunteers to learn new skills that they can use for River Center programs.
- Greeting guests.
- Assisting guests with exhibits including touch tank.
- Assist staff with administrative office duties (including but not limited to); answering phones, booking individuals and groups for programs, posting on social media and web-based calendars.
- Provides support and backup to other staff at the River Center.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Prior experience working in an office setting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Pass Drug test and Level II background check.
Environmental Education Manager
River Center – Loxahatchee River District
805 N US Highway 1
Jupiter, FL 33477
(561) 743-7123 (Main Line)
(561) 401-4201 (Direct Line)
(561) 743-6314 (fax)