Locations: Saint Petersburg, FL & Tampa, FL
We are currently seeking an Encroachment/Asset Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate is an experienced utility vegetation management professional who enjoys working outdoors, are a self-starter and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI.
Any interested applicants must apply online through the company website, at the locations listed below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve encroachment issues by building trust with landowners and internal stakeholders.
- Manage one or more concurrent projects spread across different geographical locations.
- Read and interpret transmission construction engineering plans.
- Negotiate landowner encroachment agreements.
- Maintain detailed records.
- Execute memorandum of understanding (MoU) with landowners.
- Communicate daily with utility client, contractors, landowners, and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations and work safety practices.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A degree in Forestry, Business, Real Estate, Project Management, or related field is preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering plans.
- Previous project management experience is desired.
- Strong negotiation skills are a must.
- Utility or utility vegetation management (UVM) or related fieldwork experience preferred.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with the public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including a handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA: Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.