Position: Telecommunications Specialist (Forest Dispatcher)
Agency: Arkansas Forestry Commission
Location: Hot Springs County/Malvern, Arkansas
Entry Level Salary: $32,405
How to apply: http://www.arstatejobs.com
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Two years of specialized training in communications or related field.
- Operating procedures used in telecommunication operations.
- Federal Communication Commission rules and regulations related to telecommunications.
- Computers and software application programs.
- Demonstrate the operation of telecommunication equipment (handheld and console radios, computers).
- Maintain communication records and logs.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Understand and communicate department policies and procedures.
- Occasional twenty-four (24) hour on-call duty for emergency response during fire season.
- Regular contact with agency personnel, law enforcement officials, local fire department, and private businesses.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Move to the location of the job at employee’s expense.
- AFC Residency policy: Forest Rangers and County Foresters must live in their area of responsibility or within fifteen road miles of their assigned work center. District Foresters must live in their assigned District.
- Accept compensatory time off instead of overtime payment for overtime hours worked if the job is nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The AFC may call back emergency response employees to work and supervisors may schedule their workday to carryout emergency response duties.
- Emergency response employees on approved mileage reimbursement must have a dependable vehicle to meet emergency response requirements.
- Employees may be required to undergo a physical examination.
- Forest Rangers, County Foresters, State Forest Foreman, Forest Technicians, and AFC Investigators must meet physical fitness standards annually.
- Foresters must meet Arkansas Board of Registration for Foresters certification requirements within one year of employment.
- The Law Enforcement Standards Commission certifies law enforcement employees. These employees must be at least 21 years old, satisfactorily complete a thorough background investigation, and physical and psychological examinations.
- Federal Department of Transportation regulations require a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for all employees with truck driving or emergency response duties. Pre-employment and random alcohol/drug testing is mandatory for CDL holders. CDL holders must be at least 18 years old.
- Complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9) and provide related documentation proving the applicant is a United States citizen or an alien authorized to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Arkansas Forestry Commission does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Information about the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act is available from the Arkansas Forestry Commission Human Resources Administrator. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting the Human Resources Administrator at 501/219-6370, #1 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205.
The AFC offers an excellent benefit package including immediate accrual of annual and sick leave, eleven paid holidays, and a contributory retirement plan. The AFC pays the major portion of medical health insurance for full-time employees.
Other benefits include maternity/paternity leave, court and jury duty, military leave and a catastrophic illness leave program as well as Family and Medical Leave. AFC employees may choose to participate in a deferred compensation plan and various options for life insurance, accident insurance, cancer care and intensive care insurance. Employees may participate in the Arkansas Cafeteria Plan which is a program designed to allow an employee to pay for group health and life insurance premiums, dependent day care and out-of-pocket medical costs tax free. All employees of the AFC are covered under workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance.