We are hiring interns for Summer 2019. We hire students from all different backgrounds that are looking to develop and learn the skill sets that are needed to be successful in their career! Atwell is a full-service consulting, engineering and construction services firm that delivers a broad range of creative solutions to clients in the real estate and land development, power and energy, oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing, and mining and metals markets. We provide comprehensive turnkey professional services including engineering, planning, surveying, landscape architecture, environmental consulting, natural resources services, program management and construction services to a diverse blend of clients.
Responsibilities/Job Purpose: The Surveying Intern is a developmental position that assists the survey crew chief by conducting field activities under direct supervision. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency within the following responsibilities and competencies.
• Maintain safe work environment
• Assist in prompt start to survey activities at project site by assembling and setting up necessary equipment.
• Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys.
• Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects.
• Record field notes legibly and accurately Communicate effectively with crew members and other survey staff using surveying terminology.
• Ensure product quality
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
• Knowledge of construction procedures.
• Knowledge of required safety procedures and practices.
• Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
• High school graduate
• Workload management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Illustrate initiative and resourcefulness.
• Adherence to Product Quality Standards.
• Previous survey or survey-related internship experience desired.
• A Surveying Intern should have a basic or intermediate understanding and application of the following technical skills:
• CPR Training (preferred)
• First Aid Basic Training (preferred)
Apply for Survey Internship using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=26e35b91-ad49-4849-ac76-ffee664ece18&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=230922&lang=en_US&source=CC4
For information about internships, please contact Katie Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org