FLORIDA MASTER NATURALIST PROGRAM
STUDENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Florida Master Naturalist Program (FMNP) is a statewide environmental education and extension program that promotes awareness, understanding, and respect of Florida’s natural world. We are seeking student assistants to support program logistics for the state office for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Multiple positions will be filled, including 1) 20 hours/week Student OPS, and 2) 10 hours/week Federal Work Study (FWS) Student. Program assistants will be supervised by the FMNP Coordinator on central UF Campus. ALTERNATIVE WORK LOCATIONS and TELEWORK may be considered in agreement with the coordinator and if access to reliable internet and necessary computer equipment is available. Positions will be filled as soon as possible and when suitable applicants are found.
- Available to work a regular schedule of 10-20 hours per week, in minimum of 2-hour blocks, with at least half the hours (5-10/week) completed between 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F (must not conflict with student’s class schedule)
- Willing to make a commitment through the academic year (Fall 2020 – Spring 2021; preference for extending through Summer 2021, or longer)
- Computer skills; high level of comfort with computer-based projects
- Familiarity working with data (downloading, cleaning, summarizing, and calculating basic stats)
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to accomplish goals
- Excellent note-taking skills and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Self-motivation, ability to work remotely, and capacity to work independently once trained
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Instructions for Applicants
This position is only open to current UF students (graduate and undergraduate). Not benefits eligible. Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled at least half-time. Hours may be required during semester breaks (excluding official UF Holidays).
Applications must be submitted online at Careers at UF website. There are 2 position announcements (Stu Ast OPS and FWS). If you are interested in/eligible for both positions, please indicate in your cover letter – it is not necessary to apply to both positions.
Additionally, you must include: 1. Cover letter (≤ 1 page) highlighting interest & relevant experience related to the requirements and qualifications in this announcement 2. Resume (≤ 2 pages) 3. 2 references (with affiliation and contact information) 4. For FWS positions, must submit eligibility (print, save, attach your Financial Aid Award Page)
Applications will be reviewed as they are received (no later than August 10th). Positions will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.
Start date: as soon as possible (OPS) or August 24th (FWS). Pay is $10.00 – 16.00, per hour, based on skills, experience, and position.
For questions, please contact Dr. Shelly Johnson, State Specialized Agent, UF/IFAS Extension, and FMNP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.