Internship Applications end 1 OCT
NGA hires ALL majors but of late has been looking to expand the STEM
Most of the positions are in the Wash DC area, but for Geomatics we have
Geodetic Survey teams across the US.
The locations we may have internships for Geodetic Surveyors are:
St Louis MO
Vandenberg AFB, CA
Holliman AFB, NM
Edwards AFB, CA
White Sands Missile Range , NM
Patrick AFB, FL (Last year we had Patrick O’Hern as an Intern here)
You need to meet the criteria outlined at the link:
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, and at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a associate, baccalaureate, graduate, or post-graduate degree program with coursework related to NGA’s mission (see the list of relevant degree programs in each Assignment Opportunity Notice).
- Applicants must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as determined by their educational institute.Applicants who apply to the Student Internship Program before completing their first semester of college will not be required to submit an academic transcript during the application period, but if selected, their offers will be contingent upon receipt of an official transcript showing a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 by July 15, 2016. Applicants who have completed a degree program, and are in the first semester of a subsequent degree program at the time of application (i.e. just started a graduate program after previously completing a bachelor’s) will be required to submit the final transcript from their previous degree program during the application process to determine basic eligibility regarding GPA requirements. If selected, their offers will be contingent upon receipt of an official transcript from their current degree program showing a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 by July 15, 2016. All selectees will be required to submit an updated official transcript prior to entering on duty
- Applicants must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information or TS/SCI.
- Applicants will be tested for illegal drug use. Use of illegal drugs within the last 12 months is generally not acceptable. Illegal drug use prior to the 12 month window is carefully evaluated
- Selectees are required to work a minimum of 10 weeks each summer for the duration of their tenure in the Student Internship Program.