Job announcement: http://sfrc.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/Announcement.pdf
Agency: South Dakota Department of Agriculture / Division of Resource Conservation and Forestry
Salary: $20.76 – $25.95 per hour, depending on experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Agriculture. For more information about the South Dakota Department of Agriculture, please visit http://sdda.sd.gov/.
The incumbent will be expected to work during normal working hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during a normal work week of Monday – Friday; and some overtime will be required on an infrequent basis.
Limited travel will be required and this position should expect to spend an average of 2 nights per month on the road; and some months will not require any travel while other months will require more. There will be occasional field work and out-of-state travel.
- geographic information systems, global positioning systems (GPS), and geospatial data collection, maintenance, and retrieval;
- tools used for forest measurements;
- landowner assistance programs that are available through local, state, and federal agencies;
- western conifer and hardwood silviculture, as well as agroforestry principles and applications;
- forest inventory, products, utilization, and markets;
- forest certification and recognition programs;
- insects and diseases affecting trees and other woody plants;
- best management practices for protecting water quality during timber harvest;
- dendrology, forest ecology, inventory, forest pathology, forest entomology, fire effects;
- agroforestry, particularly as it relates to windbreak design for various applications and riparian buffers.
- use Microsoft Publisher and Office Professional Software;
- retrieve, analyze, and interpret data and write reports;
- prepare presentations and coordinate workshops for landowners and natural resource professionals;
- successfully communicate orally, in writing, and inter-personally with co-workers, cooperators, and customers inside at outside of state government.
Interested applicants can CLICK HERE to submit applications