South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve, Charleston, OR
The Stewardship Coordinator position just opened and will be open for the next 30 days.
The major duties of the position:
- Plans and implements grant supported research related to upland forests, as well as habitat restoration and stewardship activities throughout the Reserve. Current project priorities include: ridge-top to estuary restoration, invasive species prevention and response, and fire protection.
- Coordinates with science team on other SSNERR research and monitoring projects as needed.
- Evaluates and responds to potential impacts to the reserve from uses within and beyond its boundaries that will alter the ecosystem and its natural dynamic processes. Includes researching and writing technical analyses, reports, and resource management plans that include recommended actions to protect the Reserve.
- Contributes to stewardship initiatives of the National Estuarine Research Reserve System, including restoration and invasive species.
- Works with the Reserve Manager on projects related to the Reserve’s Land Acquisition Plan, including the establishment of cooperative partnerships with land owners and land management entities.
- Writes funding proposals, and develops, tracks, and monitors contracts related to stewardship projects and activities.
- Consults and collaborates with local, regional, and national agencies