This position provides a variety of the following tasks:
- Provides forest management technical assistance to rural private forest landowners to achieve the goals of the landowner, including timber revenue, sustained yield, ecological management and wildlife management.
- Utilizes mass media systems such as newspapers, radio and television to keep the public informed of developments in the forestry and conservation fields.
- Provides local schools with information and assistance pertinent to environmental education through teacher workshops and instruction at environmental education centers.
- Provides wildfire and emergency response support as directed.
- Assists in the development of smoke management, wildfire prevention, prescribed fire, pre-suppression burning plans and hazardous fuels mitigation.
- Assists in the enforcement of Florida’s open burning laws and regulation.
For more information please see the below advertisement: