The mission of the Department of the Interior Southeast Climate Adaptation Science Center (SE CASC) is to work with natural and cultural resource managers to gather the scientific information and build the tools needed to help fish, wildlife, people and ecosystems adapt to the impacts of changing climate and land use. The SE CASC is part of a national network of Climate Adaptation Science Centers that are managed by the U.S. Geological Survey National Climate Adaptation Science Center. The student will facilitate communications that describe and promote the mission and science activities of the SE CASC.
The student contractor will assist with:
- Promoting science results via social media (Twitter) and website (http://secasc.ncsu.edu).
- Drafting, managing, and formatting content for monthly SE CASC newsletter and managing subscriber lists. See: https://secasc.ncsu.edu/category/newsletters/
- Writing news posts for website and assisting with other general web content updates.
- Developing researcher spotlights featuring scientists and students associated with the SE CASC. See: https://secasc.ncsu.edu/category/featured-stories/
- Editing and managing SE CASC events calendar: https://secasc.ncsu.edu/category/upcoming-events/
- Developing printed materials and handouts, such as fact sheets highlighting science projects and other SE CASC activities.
- Special projects as needed, such as developing promotional materials and assisting with logistics for special events.