Resource Management Service, LLC (RMS) is a global forestry-centered investment manager with significant expertise in all phases of institutional timberland investing. Founded and managed by forestry professionals and owned by its employees, RMS is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices across the U.S. South, Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, and China.
RMS is currently seeking forestry students and recent graduates to participate in the summer internship program which has multiple opportunities located across the southern U.S. Internship openings are available in the following locations:
· Augusta, GA
· Bay Minette, AL
· Flowood, MS
· Georgetown, SC
· Jena, La
· Livingston, TX
· Pace, FL
· Prattville, AL
· Sheridan, AR
· Wilmington, NC
This exciting internship opportunity offers forestry students and recent graduates a chance to build on their skill sets and gain hands-on forest management experience. The successful candidate will be exposed to multiple aspects of our forest management activities. Responsibilities will include a range of activities such as; timber cruising, stand reconnaissance, inventory and GIS, GPS stand boundaries, contractor supervision and boundary location and maintenance.
RMS internships offer candidates the following;
· Earning an income at a competitive wage
· Opportunities for growth and development
· Opportunity to collaborate with others in the forestry profession
· Assessment for a full-time positions as available
· Mileage reimbursement for vehicle use
· The student must be currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year degree in Forestry, Forest Resources, Natural Resources, Forestry Management or another closely related field.
· Basic proficiency in MS Word and Excel, Global Positioning System (GPS) applications/devices, and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) preferred.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Successfully pass a background check.
Willingness to work in all types of weather.
Demonstrates a strong work ethic, passion, tenacity and can do attitude.
Commitment to work safely.
Basic forestry knowledge.
If you are interested in becoming an intern with us, please complete the attached application. Submit the application with your resume to Amanda Mize at firstname.lastname@example.org.