WRA Restoration Technician
WRA is on a quest to create a sustainable future where people and the environment thrive. For more than 35 years, WRA has provided outstanding ecological and design expertise to develop successful solutions for our clients. We employ experts in the fields of botany, engineering, wildlife, wetland ecology, GIS, CEQA/NEPA, and landscape architecture – all in the service of our mission: to create value for our community by working together to provide environmental solutions.
We are currently seeking team members to to join, WRA Landscape Restoration, the habitat restoration wing of WRA to perform landscape and habitat restoration maintenance and construction-related work for current public and private clients. This position will perform a variety of labor-related tasks that include, and not limited to, hand and power weeding, mowing, application of herbicides, brush cutting, watering, planting, mulching, digging, irrigation plumbing, and soil grading.
Candidates must be physically fit and be prepared to work in varying outdoor temperatures and climates. Job sites are often located on steep slopes or other hard to access terrain that may require extensive hiking for entry.
This role is a project-based, hourly position. Workdays are typically 8 hours, Mon-Fri from 7am-4pm, though times may vary according to project needs, traffic, and weather conditions.
Regular travel is expected throughout the Bay Area to various job site locations including occasional overnight travel.
- High school diploma
- Valid California Driver License, clean DMV record, and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to operate and conduct maintenance of hand and power tools including: mowers, weed-eaters, hedgers, and chainsaws
- Ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicles, tractors, and other utility vehicles
- Flexibility to work independently or in teams to achieve project goals
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of landscape maintenance and construction
- Keen interest in land management, vegetation management, and habitat restoration
- Proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, Google applications
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Experience working in sensitive landscapes and around threatened and endangered species
- Horticulture and botany including knowledge of and ability to identify plants and wildlife species
- QAC license from CA Dept. of Pesticide Regulation
- First Aid or Wilderness First Aid Training
Daily Physical Requirements:
- High level of stamina and physical fitness
- Able to navigate steep slopes on foot, often while carrying loads
- Must safely lift and transport heavy loads of 45 – 50 lbs. for an extended period and occasionally 100 lbs
- Able to bend frequently or work on knees for an extended period
- Able to travel to Bay Area job sites with your own transportation
- Able to travel for work and work away from home for extended periods
- Tolerance to poison oak, pollens, thorny brush, insects, and inclement weather
Please apply directly through our website at: https://wra-ca.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54
See other careers with WRA (now offering remote positions) at: https://wra-ca.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll