About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
- Responsible for coordinating and evaluating routine and less-complex permit and NEPA actions.
- Determines regulatory jurisdiction pursuant to Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act through remote sensing and field inspections.
- Evaluates values and functional elements of jurisdictional areas and assesses impacts anticipated with proposed work.
- Monitors compliance with permits
- Investigates and resolves violations of permits and statutes and assists in preparation of legal documentation
- Coordinates extensively with Federal and State agencies and local governments and the general public regarding permit actions, laws, regulations, and Corps policies.
- Recommends decisions on DA permit actions based on public interest factors and 404(b)(1) Guidelines and documents decisions with detailed environmental assessments and findings of fact.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501299900