Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is now accepting applications for Spring 2019 Marine Conservation Interns.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF’s Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. The internship provides diverse experiences including non-profit operations, outreach and education, field experience, data collection and management, public speaking, event planning and advertising. During the four month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visit https://www.reef.org/reef-marine-conservation-internship-program to learn more and apply.
– Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
– Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification and surveying
– Assist with the spring Invasive Lionfish Key Largo Derby
– Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
– Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
– Experience with marketing, communications, and graphic design
– Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment during presentations and community outreach
– Gain hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities at a small non-profit organization
– Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
– Have plentiful opportunities to dive
– Earn college credit, if appropriate
– Receive letters of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship
– Earn dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, when applicable
– Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
– Live in the beautiful, sunny Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard
Application deadline is October 15.