Position: Recreation Aide II
Agency: Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs
Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $12.72-$17.77 hourly/full-time
Closing date: Oct. 1, 2017
The City of Gainesville is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who is innovative and forward thinking and who will embrace the organization’s citizen-centered vision. The community, its elected leaders, and executive leadership team have embraced this vision.
As a Recreation Aide ll, you will be, but not limited to:
- Following and enforcing all city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assisting supervisor with the planning, coordination and implementation of recreational activities, such as, special events, after school, summer camp, instructional programs, special population programs, general recreation programs and other related activities.
- Assisting with performing site program criteria evaluations by taking notes, providing feedback to assigned staff and following-up with supervisor.
- Assisting supervisor in the management of a recreation center, including but not limited to, cleaning the facility, creating work orders for repairs and making suggestions for improvement.
- Assisting in the development of new programs and classes.
- Answering public inquiries about programs.
- Receiving and records complaints; and informs supervisor.
- Assisting supervisor in responding to requests for services from the public and other agencies.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma and;
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in recreational programming, instruction, or related work.
- Experience with agency accreditation, Active Net software program and municipal or governmental (VA, MWR, or state) recreation services is preferred.
- Successful pre-employment physical examination and background screening are required.
- American Red Cross certification (or equivalent) in First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required upon appointment.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License is required within thirty (30) days of appointment.
- May be Required to Complete an Assessment(s)
- May create eligibility list
- May fill multiple positions
Embracing change is the Gainesville way of life!
Come join our team as we shift the culture from “No to Yes”, “from reactive to proactive,” “from policy-oriented to services-oriented”, and “from silos to teams”.