Please do not hesitate to contact Nancy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 846-0848 with any questions about the workshop content or technology issues. New information may be added here as the workshop goes on. If answers to a participant's questions may benefit everyone, the question and response will also be posted here.
1. How do I enable pop-ups?
- A. Search your computer for any software with "pop-up" in the name. Disable it or set the Flroida Project Learning Tree website as an allowed site. Examples of popular pop-up blocking applications include: Pop-Up Stopper, Pop-Up Defender, and Pop-Up Zapper.
- B. Pop-up blocking is included in some web browsers, and in some anti-virus, firewall, and security programs. Disable the relevant setting in the program or set Florida Project Learning Tree Website as an allowed site.
- C. Temporarily allow pop-ups by right clicking the yellow alert bar that appears below your toolbar when you click on feature that requires pop-ups.
Links from Module 1
- American Forest Foundation- PLT is a program of the American Forest Foundation.
- Florida PLT Correlations- Information about connections between PLT activities and State and National Science Standards, Boy and Girl Scouts progrmas, Excellence in EE Guidelines, as well as FCAT-like prompts for 27 activities.
- National PLT Website
Links from Module 2
- No Child Left Inside- The site provides information about the problems related to children spending less time outside, environmental education, latest news and articles, and the coalition to pass the No child Left Inside legislation.
- USA Today - Article "Being near nature improves physical, mental health"
- NPR's Morning Edition- "Saving Kids from 'Nature Deficit Disorder" with Richard Louv
- Florida State Parks-Find out about Florida State Parks, including pictures, maps, events, and history.
- Florida Greenways and Trails interactive map
- Get Outdoors Florida- The Get Outdoors Florida! coalition is the product of a wide array of partners coming together to address societal needs including public well-being, health issues, and natural resource conservation. You can find ideas for where and what to do in Florida, news about the Florida environments, upcoming events, and more.
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics
- EDIS Fact Sheet- Identification of Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac in Florida
- EDIS Fact Sheet- Fleas and Ticks
- National Weather Service- Information about lightning safety
Links from Module 3
- Billy B Sings about Trees- PLT has partnered with Billy Brennan, a popular children's performing artist, to produce a CD with songs correleated to PLT activities.
- Earth and Sky Radio- National PLT has also partnered with Earth and Sky Radio to correalte science podcasts with PLT activities. Earth and Sky podcasts feature interview with scientists from around the world to provide educators with accurate reserach and data and captivate students with cutting edge science news.
- University of Florida School of Forest Resources and Conservation Environmnetal Education- The site provides information about the environmental education materials and programs including 4-H forestry project books, curriculum for educators and more.
- 4-H Experiential Learning Model EDIS Fact Sheet
- How to Make Paper PLT Activity Video