Please do not hesitate to contact Nancy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 846-0848 with any questions about the workshop content or technology issues.
Links from Module 1
- Florida PLT Correlations- Information about connections between PLT activities and State and National Science Standards, Boy and Girl Scouts progrmas, Excellence in EE Guidelines, as well as FCAT-like prompts for 27 activities.
Links from Module 2
- Environmental Education- Defined at the first intergovernmental environmental education conference in 1977.
- Children and Nature Netwok Report- Health Benefits to Children from Contact with the Outdoors and Nature
- Health & Environment Factsheet- Children's Health and Nature
- No Child Left Inside- The site provides information about the problems related to children spending less time outside, environmental education, latest news and articles, and the coalition to pass the No child Left Inside legislation.
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics
- EDIS Fact Sheet- Poisonous plants in Florida
- EDIS Fact Sheet- Fleas and Ticks
Links from Module 3
- Florida Project Learning Tree Literacy and Nature resources
- National Project Learning Tree
- Billy B Sings about Trees- PLT has partnered with Billy Brennan, a popular children's performing artist, to produce a CD with songs correleated to PLT activities.
- Earth and Sky Radio- National PLT has also partnered with Earth and Sky Radio to correalte science podcasts with PLT activities. Earth and Sky podcasts feature interview with scientists from around the world to provide educators with accurate reserach and data and captivate students with cutting edge science news.
- Green Schools
- Stay Connected with National and Florida PLT
- University of Florida School of Forest Resources and Conservation Environmnetal Education- The site provides information about the environmental education materials and programs including 4-H forestry project books, curriculum for educators and more.
- How to Make Paper PLT Activity Video