Research area: Analyses of high spatial/spectral resolution imagery and lidar datasets using machine learning and computer vision in coastal management applications
Recent advancements in image acquisition technologies provide a flood of high resolution spatial and spectral images, opening the doors for endless integration opportunities and mandating high-throughput analysis methods. The Geomatics Concentration at the University of Florida is seeking a PhD candidate who uses image processing and machine learning techniques in analyzing spatial information in coastal morphology and habitat characterization applications. The position includes salary, tuition waiver, and health insurance.
Eligibility: Suitable applicants should meet the following requirements:
– A master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Geomatics, Mathematics, Agricultural Engineering, or other related analytical disciplines, which must be earned by December, 2019.
– Experience in computer programming, e.g. Python, Matlab, or R.
– Knowledge of remote sensing and GIS analysis software such as ENVI, eCognition, and ArcGIS.
– Interest in high spectral and spatial resolution image and point cloud data analysis and machine learning techniques. Experience preferred.
– Published peer-reviewed manuscripts in a recognized journal is strongly recommended but not required.
Applicants with qualified academic records, TOEFL (if necessary), and GRE scores will be considered immediately.
The PhD candidate will enter an established research program leading to a PhD degree within a time frame of 3-4 years. The formal admission requirements for the PhD program must be met before an appointment can be made.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dr. Amr Abd-Elrahman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +1-813-757-2283. For questions related to admission, please contact Ms. Amy Abernethy at email@example.com.