The USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program in Coastal Ocean Processes. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2017!
About the program:
- Program dates: June 5 – August 11, 2017 (10 weeks)
- Students will conduct guided independent research at the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center (WMSC) on Catalina Island, mentored by research faculty and near-peer mentors (graduate students and postdocs)
- Stipend ($500/week), housing and meals at Catalina Island, travel expenses from host institution included
- Professional development and networking opportunities provided
- Possible research topics and mentor info can be found here.
We accept applications from all students who meet the NSF program requirements and especially encourage underrepresented students and students who attend institutions with limited research opportunities to apply!
More information about the program, including the application, can be found here: http://dornsife.usc.edu/wrigley/reu/.