LORIDA FOREST SERVICE
CLASS TITLE: OPS Park Ranger
TBD –Etoniah Creek State Forest
BASE SALARY: $11.37 per hour
LOCATION & CONTACT INFORMATION:
Etoniah Creek State Forest
390 Holloway Road
Florahome, Florida 32140
Attn: Jason Foshee, Forest Area Supervisor
CLOSING DATE: 10/10/17
ADVERTISING METHOD: X INTERNAL EMAIL _ NEWSPAPER
PEOPLE FIRST SYSTEM
This position will work 40 hours per week and starting pay is $11.37 per hour.
The Florida Forest Service is currently seeking to hire an OPS Park Ranger for Etoniah Creek, Carl Duval Moore and Welaka State Forests. Work will include fire line maintenance/improvement, and fire equipment maintenance. Fire management activities will take place in three state forests in Putnam County, in northeast Florida. Almost all work time will be spent outdoors in a variety of conditions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Experience working in the outdoors.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
- Experience in operating heavy equipment such as farm tractors. Operating a manual transmission vehicle.
- Experience operating various types of equipment (such as 4X4 pickups, trailers, ATVs, chainsaws and other power and hand tools, etc.).
- 3 – 6 months of related experience.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions from colleagues.
- Ability to get along with others under any potential conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
If advertised only with an internal email or newspaper advertisement, please apply as follows: submit a paper application directly to the address listed in the advertisement by the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority. Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.