Please note that this position with the National Invasive Species Council Secretariat has been re-listed. Closing date is Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
This position is located within the Department of the Interior (DOI), Office of the Secretary (OS), National Invasive Species Council (NISC). The incumbent serves as the National Invasive Species Council Secretariat’s Assistant Director for Interdepartmental Coordination. The NISC Secretariat is a high-level body that serves the Principals of 13 Federal Departments/Agencies. It also interfaces with senior staff representing Congress, CEQ, OSTP, the White House, OMB , GSA and other Federal advisory bodies on behalf of NISC. Following priorities, guidelines, and strategic plans established by the Executive Director, the incumbent ensures effective day-to-day coordination across the NISC member Departments/Agencies, as well as other Federal bodies on a project-by-project basis.
This is a permanent, full-time, career/career conditional appointment.
1) Serves as the primary National Invasive Species Council (NISC) Secretariat focal point and coordinator for the Departmental Coordinators/Policy Liaisons across all Departments/Agencies of NISC member Departments/Agencies.
2) Guides interdepartmental strategic planning processes as necessary to ensure that NISC member Departments/Agencies are working together toward common goals in a manner that is inclusive, time and cost efficient, and highly impactful.
3) Works with Departmental Coordinators/Policy Liaisons to raise the profile of invasive species within their Departments and develop Departmental Invasive Species Task Forces, plans, briefings, fact sheets, events, and other means necessary to further institutionalize the invasive species issue at a high-level within the respective Department/Agency.
4) Oversees compilation and reporting of the annual, interdepartmental crosscut budget.
5) Responds to inquiries from Congress, GAO, OMB and others regarding interdepartmental coordination on invasive species issues.
National Invasive Species Council Secretariat
1849 C Street, NW, Room 3524, Washington, DC 20240 USA
o +18.104.22.16863, c +1.202.297.5143, firstname.lastname@example.org