Natural Resource Specialist (Business Tool Coordinator)
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Open & closing dates: 01/13/2021 to 01/26/2021
Pay scale & grade: GS 11 – 12
Salary: $64,649 to $100,739 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
The primary purpose of the Business Tools Coordinator is to provide leadership, technology development, technology transfer, and technical assistance for the use of NRCS business tools in the state. The incumbent provides statewide support for integrating these technologies into conservation planning and application activities using the Customer Service Toolkit (CST), Conservation Desktop, and other NRCS business tools for all applicable NRCS programs.
- Serve as the Conservation Business Tools Coordinator with responsibility to provide leadership, technology development, technology transfer, and technical assistance for use of NRCS business tools in the state.
- Provides technical leadership and direction in the use of NRCS business technology applications including but not limited to Customer Service Toolkit (CST), Conservation Desktop (CD), and Conservation Assessment and Ranking Tool (CART).
- Coordinates training, technology transfer, and technical assistance on new and updated business tool applications.
- Develops processes to manage quality assurance and quality control for CST/CD and the implementation of conservation practices.
- Provides support and guidance for the integration of technology tools and web applications into resource planning processes.
- Assists field staff to achieve basic user skills in NRCS business tools.
- Provide advance training in the use and adoption of technology including the use of hardware/software for the integration of GIS and GPS to enhance conservation planning capability, and assess and alleviate issues with our business tool applications.
Click here to apply on USAJOBS.