Interested in learning how to manage invasive species in Florida ecosystems?
The UF Natural Area Teaching Laboratory (NATL) is looking for an intern!
At the end of the internship you should be competent in:
- Plant identification – native and invasive ● Invasive plant management
- Pesticide application in natural areas (Certified) ● Prescribed burn safety (Certified)
- Invasive species management using cultural, physical, mechanical, and chemical methods
- Assist with prescribed burn organization, implementation and assessment
- Organizing volunteer events in NATL and on campus to locate and remove problematic species
- 5 hours per week for one year, salary commensurate with experience
Please see http://natl.ifas.ufl.edu/ecosystems/invasive_control.php for more information on our invasive species management and contact email@example.com to apply.
Deadline for applications is November 30th 2017.
UF NATL INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please fill in this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume (2 pages maximum).
- Contact details:
- What type of student are you?
- Major :
- Will you be available to start in December 2017?
- Will you be a student at UF through Fall 2018?
- Are you able to commit to 5-10 hours per week?
- Have you ever visited, used or volunteered in NATL? How?
- Do you have any experience working in natural areas?
- What skills can you bring to the team?
- Why do you want to do this internship?