LOCATION ANNUAL SALARY
POSITION # APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY:
Agency: Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
Division: Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Location: Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
PO Box 8505
Little Rock, AR 72215
Standard State of Arkansas employment application required.
Apply on line:
Under Arkansas Agriculture Department Entry Level Salary: $50,222
Position #: 22094792
Applications must be received by: October 27th, 2017
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or a related field; plus four years of experience in laboratory testing and analysis, laboratory operations, or related field with two years in a microbiological laboratory, including two years in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
• Knowledge of microbiological theories and principles.
• Knowledge of laboratory management and analytical procedures.
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of microbiological tests and analysis.
• Ability to plan, organize, and oversee the work of subordinates.
• Ability to direct the activities of a microbiological laboratory.
• Ability to perform specialized qualitative and quantitative analysis and research methods.
• Ability to write descriptive results of analysis and appear as expert witness in court.
• Documented experience (2 years) in characterization of chemicals of toxicological significance in animal fluids and tissues.
• Documented experience (5 years) with troubleshooting of advanced instrumentation used in a chemical analysis laboratory.
• Strong interpersonal skills and public speaking ability.
• Demonstrated success in harmonizing multiple, conflicting priorities.
• Documented competence in MS Office products (Word, Project, and PowerPoint).
• One year experience with Qualtrax software is highly desirable.
• Documented experience (1 year) with State of Arkansas procurement guidelines is required.
• Expert-level proficiency with hazardous materials shipping requirements.