Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is accepting applications for Fall 2017 Marine Conservation Interns.
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF’s Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. The internship provides diverse experiences including non-profit operations, outreach and education, field experience, data collection and management, public speaking, and event planning. During the four month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visit www.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
- Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
- Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification and surveying
- Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
- Experience with marketing, communications, and graphic design
- Assist with the planning and operation of REEF Fest, an annual event to support marine conservation
- Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment during presentations and community outreach
- Gain hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities at a small non-profit organization
- Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
- Have plentiful opportunities to dive
- Earn college credit, if appropriate
- Receive letters of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship
- Earn dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, when applicable
Application deadline is June 19, 2017. Please email Ellie@REEF.org with any questions.