GENERAL SUMMARY for PLS
The main responsibility is to serve as the primary source for Land Surveying and Mapper licensed manager for Vivid Consulting Group, LLC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
● Responsible for the operation and the profitability of the survey division.
● Project research
● Project bid proposals
● Writing legal descriptions
● Data conversions
● Project QA/QC
● Mentoring & Monitoring field and office techs
● CAD drafting
● General office duties
● Field work as required
● Build and maintain client relations
● Organize, maintain and control “team works” schedule
● Sign and Seal Survey Drawings.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
• Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and government drafting standards.
• Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting.
• Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of electronic drawings.
• Maintain, support and operate associated plotters and printers.
• Perform drawing and technology research.
• Coordinate with designers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to obtain security clearances and work in a secure environment.
Explain drawings to construction teams and engineers to provide adjustments as necessary.
Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Familiarity with, and understanding of engineering concepts and terminology is important. Must have working knowledge of CAD standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, current version of Auto CAD and/or Micro station, Excel and MS Office is required. This position may require eventual drug testing, a valid driver’s license, Background Check and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Florida Licensed Professional Land Surveyor and Mapper
Position reports directly to the Survey Department Manager and is under his/her general direction.
Communicates effectively in both oral and written communications. Communicates with people outside the Company, representing the Company to customers, the public, government and other external sources. Communicated with supervisor, peers and other Company staff working as part of a team contributing to Company goals.
Must be able to work with either verbal direction and/or from engineering sketches/calculations to produce an acceptable work product with minimal supervision. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions drawing upon experience, research and input from peers. This position may perform multiple job tasks on a daily basis. Directs unusual or complex problems encountered to the Systems Engineer for input and/or direction.
To perform effectively the personal must be able to be cognitive at all times and physically able to complete task..
While performing the duties of this position you will regularly work in an office environment with low to moderate noise.