Land Survey Advanced Trainee
As an advanced trainee, performs duties of limited scope and complexity in all aspects of land surveying activity. Combines productive work with learning a variety of advanced skills, techniques, and procedures in order to increase ability to perform in higher level work and to assist employees at higher grade levels. Receives formal and on-the-job training in more advanced skills, techniques, and procedures by performing a variety of productive land surveying work.
Assignments may include some or all of the following:
- Directs field surveying projects of sufficient scope to promote the continued growth and development of the incumbent of cadastral surveying as well as application of State and Federal land laws.
- Conducts studies of routine cases requiring historical searches of property ownership, previous surveys of the area, and the pattern of political, geographic, and economic influences that surround the property involved.
- Conducts limited record searches, evaluates the information obtained, and performs the necessary survey work associated with the initial location or reidentification of property lines, section corners, and surveying monuments.
- Directs assigned survey parties in the execution of limited cadastral, geodetic, and engineering survey work.
- Operates theodolites, levels, electronic distance measuring devices, and other equipment used in cadastral, geodetic, and engineering survey work.
- Audits and verifies survey data.
- Uses programmable calculators to compute traverse closures and other geometric solutions.
- Prepares routine legal descriptions, plats, and survey reports.
Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in land surveying preferred-mapping sciences, surveying technology or a comparable course of study preferred
Special Skills: Technical writing, data entry, ArcMap, using survey grade instruments, cutting brush and small trees, recording and calculating survey data
Note: This position may require a 2-month detail/work opportunity on a different Forest Service unit in Florida
For questions email Jaina Reed at email@example.com