This is work supporting the development, implementation and management of all Suwannee River Water Management District (District) land resource operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Land Management Specialist is expected to perform land management duties. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of natural resource inventories and specialized resources studies specifically related to the timber management and forest inventory programs.
- Assist program manager in all timber management activities including planning, cruising, procuring contractors, implementation timber harvests, and overseeing timber security during harvests.
- Assist program manager in the planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of the conservation easement program.
- May assist in real estate transactions including the review of documents, attending meetings, and communicating with landowners, Governing Board members, and staff.
- Lead and coordinate ArcGIS spatial file updates and database updates for the land resource program.
- Procure, administer and supervise contractor services needed to complete land management operations.
- Assist in the development of management plans, budgets and other documents for land resource operations.
- Provides information from land resource database and spatial files to staff, cooperating agencies and others.
- Reports to program manager, senior management and governing board on management activities and expenditures.
- Ability to operate all land management equipment including trucks, ATVs, chainsaws, power tools, hand tools and heavy equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in forestry, natural resources or related field and five years of work experience indicating increasing responsibility in natural resource management, supervision and planning. Must be proficient in use of ArcGIS in office and field formats. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in forestry, natural resource management, or a related field can substitute for two years of require experience.