This is a part-time position in Broward County’s Core GIS group. The position is open-ended and has the opportunity for advancement. The successful candidate should have the following experience: a general knowledge of GIS concepts, ability to respond to multiple tasks, ability to work independently in a professional environment, ability to manage files and large datasets, knowledge of metadata standards, proficient computing skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Depending on assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with GIS data development and/or conversion projects.
• Assist with the County’s GIS implementation and maintenance activities, including maintenance of existing datasets, development of new datasets, preparation of maps and exhibits for meetings and update of cartography products for web distribution.
• Assign attribute data from other datasets to GIS format.
• Develop GIS layers/data elements.
• Develop and document GIS procedures.
• Develop and maintain metadata.
• Develop GIS desktop and web applications.
For more information visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/broward/jobs/2096528/intern-geographic-information-systems