Department of Information Technology Services
As a member of the GIS team, you will work for an organization whose mission is to provide quality service and innovative leadership to enhance the lives of our residents, businesses and visitors beyond their expectations. The City of Deerfield Beach relies upon data driven decisions to promote safety, advance technology, care for the environment, develop infrastructure, and continually improve the community for all. By leveraging geospatial information, you will support a multitude of dynamic business operations the City engages in and work collaboratively with staff that will be dependent on you to deliver results promptly and accurately. Geographic intelligence will be used to augment current services while at the same time integrated into new technology platforms throughout the various departments. You will report to the City’s GIS Manager and be a member of the Information Technology Services team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains data sets, repositories, databases and other GIS related
- Prepares and updates GIS products such as maps, online applications and
- Performs complex, detailed data set processing and editing, complete final clean-up and accuracy
- Performs quality assurance and quality control procedures on final GIS
- Assists in preparation of project plans and specifications for various
- Analyzes and documents problems, recommends solutions, initiates corrective action, and follows up problem resolution.
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of other GIS related hardware and software e. plotter, global positioning system (GPS) equipment, relational database.
- Stays current with new and emerging
- Assists users with accepting and using technology to aid with their daily
- Manages work load using established processes and
- Assists with the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the City’s geographic information system (GIS).
- Maintains and updates GIS data sets, databases, and GIS
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of other GIS related hardware and
- Performs all other related duties as
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Engineering, Computer Science or related field and at least one (1) year of experience in GIS applications, or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and geodatabase file
- Knowledge of coordinate systems and datums, topologies, geometric networks, COGO tools, spatial adjustments, georeferencing, web-based applications, automated work flows, geoprocessing tools, imagery analysis, and publishing
- Ability to use small office equipment and
- Ability to apply GIS concepts and principles to work
- Ability to operate and maintain GPS units, mobile devices, plotters, printers &
- Ability to understand and analyze technical material and
- Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with users and the
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing tasks and work assignments and working under the pressure of rigid and/or short work
- Skill in working independently with minimal
- Skill in exercising initiative and sound
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively orally and in
The physical demands involve far acuity, hearing, mental acuity, near acuity, repetitive motion, seeing, speaking, talking, and visual acuity. May be required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environment conditions: job likely consists of typical office work or administrative work. The employee works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Salary: $22.6288-$28.8518 hourly
Apply to Human Resources, 150 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441