Below is a brief overview of the role, not a full job description.
- Performs planning, developing and production of graphic, digital and printed materials; designs, creates and maintains, or obtain datasets for inclusion into the City’s enterprise geo database; writes metadata to document data input and maintenance.
- Provides GIS project coordination to include project scope, data design and collection processes, data presentation methods and techniques including interactive websites to benefit the departments and the public.
- Manages the asset management system (Cartegraph) for the Public Works Department.
- Oversees user roles and permissions; hardware and software upgrades, installations and user support for the Public Works Cartegraph Asset Management System.
- Performs complex queries and database manipulation often in SQL database environment to support GIS and Cartegraph on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Implements and maintains web products using ESRI GIS products.
- Provides technical support to field and office and office staff as they input, access and utilize data in various systems including Cartegraph. Designs and writes customized queries for Arc/Info, Arc/View and other ESRI GIS software.
- Responds to GIS data, mapping and other requests by City departments and public.
- Creates, manages and maintains GIS databases.
- Performs other related duties as required.