Under general direction of a designated supervisor the incumbent performs advanced technical and professional level work in planning, analyzing, and designing methods and procedures for the development of new or modifications of existing Geographic Information System (GIS) data, products and applications. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- GIS application data entry and contract development data deliverables.
- Builds, edits and manages GIS data layers.
- Customize GIS software to meet user needs.
- Imports, exports, or translates data between graphic file formats (geo-referencing)
- Performs data research and QC functions.
- Creates custom map products for internal and external use; creates and analyzes spatial data for internal custom projects when required or requested.
- Designs and creates reports of data obtained through spatial analysis.
- Provides training and support to department personnel on the use of GIS applications.
- May require to drive a motor vehicle to accomplish tasks.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the employee’s physical presence at the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fortmyersfl/jobs/2224308/gis-analyst