Background: Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. Few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects – we plan, design and enable solutions. Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami team as a Geomaticist.
Job Duties: Under supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics work while developing professional proficiency. Performs all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, research, and error analysis. Generally applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified field-based Geomatics tasks requiring specialized academic training.
- Basic GIS experience is required.
- DOT experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Engineering, Land Surveying or related discipline. Must be proficient with survey calculations, CAD, and GIS.
- Math/trigonometry computation ability.
- Knowledge of CAD software is required.
- Experience with ArcGIS is preferred.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing).
- Analytical ability; proactive attitude and ability to innovate and improvise.
- Ability to make logical on the fly decisions based on a Geomatics background.
- Ability to operate as a one person field unit.
- Ability to operate field equipment, calculator, computer, CAD based software, and GIS based software.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, make recommendations, and work with people.
- Ability to compose clear and concise reports and legal description.
- LSIT preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: