Dept of Soil and Water Science, Lab/Field Manager
– Coordinate and participate in field sampling including the gathering of supplies, training of other involved personnel, operation of field sampling equipment associated with but not limited to soil sampling, water sampling, vegetation collection and aerial drone surveys and photo documentation, as well as processing and preservation of collected samples.
– Coordinate and participate in the construction, maintenance, and operation of experiments and research infrastructure including but not limited to the Wetland Biogeochemical Laboratory raceway compound and greenhouse.
– Participate in data management and analysis to include but not be limited to data entry, data analysis, limited statistical evaluation, data archiving and graphical representation of results.
– Maintain (troubleshooting, ordering supplies and servicing) field and laboratory equipment as necessary including but not limited to optical nitrate sensors, water quality monitoring stations, hydrolab data sondes, AV flow sensors, depth transducers, automated weather stations, autoanalyzer, balances, pH meters, ion specific/conductivity probes and meters and pumps.
– Oversee operation and maintenance of vehicles, boats, airboats and trailers including but not limited to gathering of supplies, training of other involved personnel, facilitating field sampling activities and implementation of appropriate field safety protocols.
– Participate in implementation and integration of appropriate laboratory and field Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
– As necessary trains, learns about and works with other lab personnel, OPS technicians, students, post-docs, researchers and visiting scholars pertinent techniques, operation and use of various field and laboratory equipment and procedures.