Previous research experience is not required, but appreciated! Our lab works on understanding the mechanisms of chronic pain and fatigue. The applicant will only work with human participants and spend one-on-one time with an experienced principal investigator learning the skills required for clinical research. This is a position that provides ample instruction and allows for the development of new skills necessary for working with human research subjects. This is an excellent position for new graduates looking for research experience! Minimum time commitment is one year.
Essential Research Functions:
• Prepare and assist in human brain imaging studies (fMRI)
• Prepare participants for lab experimentation
• Perform Quantitative Sensory Testing of participants (thermal, mechanical, electrical, and chemical testing)
• Evaluate and discuss data with Principal Investigator
• Apply psychological tests
• Develop excellent communication skills
• Supervise student volunteers and familiarize them with research protocols
• Recruit subjects for clinical studies (phone calls, flyers, TV advertising, etc.)
• Maintain database for data analysis
Applicants will receive a competitive salary ($13 – $16/h) and must be willing to commit to at least a year. This is a FULL-TIME position. Applicant must be available for 40 hours a week during the hours of 8am – 5pm. Recent and upcoming graduates with competitive GPA are welcome to apply!
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the Center for Musculoskeletal Pain Research, please visit our website at www.rheum.med.ufl.edu