These positions are located with the Southern Research Station in Knoxville, TN.
Provides program and technical advice for the collection, compilation, storage, analysis, reporting, and distribution of strategic annual multi-resource forest inventory data.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact James Bentley at 865-862-2056, or email at email@example.com
Duties listed are at the full performance level (GS-12).
- Researches and applies appropriate statutes, policies, laws, and operating procedures governing the use of forest resources.
- Conduct timber and non-timber resource use surveys and utilization studies for documenting forest inventory status.
- Provides feedback and communicates changes necessary to develop, improve, and enhance the methodologies and databases associated with the collection of forest inventory data.
- Modify or adapt established forest data collection protocols and procedures in response to test or study findings.
- Use geographic information systems (GIS), and data visualization packages in order to meet new or emerging information requirements of strategic annual inventories.
- Use data query and programming languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, R) for data retrieval and analysis.
- Implement a Quality Assurance (QA) plan and QA/Quality Check (QC) manual for timber and non-timber resource use surveys.
- Maintain relationships with natural resource collaborators in both public and private sectors.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547822300