Resource Management Service, LLC. (RMS) is a global forestry-centered investment manager with significant expertise in all phases of institutional timberland investing. Founded and managed by forestry professionals and owned by its employees, RMS is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices across the U.S. South and Brazil
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Timber Harvest Operations
- Timber sale planning, set-up, GPS, harvest administration, Best Management Practice (BMP) compliance, and implementation of wood security
- Silviculture Activity planning – Prescriptions to include site preparation, reforestation activities, nutrition and mid-rotation treatments, insect and disease control, and asset security − Service Contractor Performance Monitoring
- Road, drainage, and property line maintenance, BMP compliance, and all other aspects of infrastructure maintenance
- GIS and Inventory Data Management
- Maintain and update timber inventories, harvest and silvicultural planning utilizing RMS proprietary inventory tools and applications
- Teamwork – Collaborate with, communicate with, and support fellow RMS foresters, interface with adjacent landowners, public and private bodies, RMS customers, and other third parties
- Implement RMS Sustainable Forestry Policy Guidelines; demonstrate compliance with SFI objectives in all forest management and asset improvement activities
- Associates of Science or Bachelor of Science in Forestry/Forest Resource Management.
- The preferred candidate will have relevant work experience in forestry operations
- The RMS Forester position requires physically demanding field work during all seasons of the year. The successful candidate must be able to perform detailed work while dealing with hot, humid, rigorous conditions common to this part of South Carolina during the warmer months.
Click Here to view official job announcement
Resumes and applications will be accepted through June 2, 2020.