Division: Arkansas Forestry Commission
Department: District 4
Location: Nevada, Hempstead, & Columbia Counties
Arkansas Forestry Commission
District Forester Cory Bostic
2501 Maul Road
Camden, AR 71701
Standard State of Arkansas employment application required.
Apply on line:
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field.
- One year of experience in forest management or a related field.
- Registered forester in accordance with ACA 17-31-301.
- Pass annual physical standard as a condition of employment.
- Must obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. (Within 90 days of hire date)
- Forest management practices and techniques.
- Fire prevention and fire suppression theories and methods.
- Laws and regulations affecting fire control and forest management.
- Supervisory practices and procedures.
- Federal and state forestry programs available for forest landowners, communities and fire departments.
- Plan and coordinate work activities and monitor performance of subordinates.
- Prepare and make public presentations and conduct forestry training.
- Collect data, analyze needs assessments, and prepare written forest management recommendations for private and public forest landowners.
- Frequent twenty-four (24) hour on-call duty and frequent exposure to hazardous conditions while fighting fires and marking timber.
- AFC Residency policy: Forest Rangers and Foresters must reside within the county of their work station/counties of responsibility, or reside within a distance that will allow for the employees to arrive at the work station and be in route to the emergency within a thirty minute time period.