JOIN OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS SERVING AND EDUCATING THE PUBLIC!
This position will work out of the GA Forestry Commission’s Camilla office and will serve landowners in the counties of Colquitt, Cook, Thomas, and Brooks.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide technical assistance to landowners in all areas of forest management.
- Write multiple resource based forest management plans for landowners.
- Assist with timber sales on state lands.
- Provide technical assistance to landowners in afforestation and reforestation.
- Diagnose insect and disease infestations and make recommendations for control.
- Assess storm damage to forest lands.
- Develop prescribed burning plans and assist with implementation.
- Provide assistance with establishing Streamside Management Zones.
- Present forestry programs to school groups and local government bodies.
- Assist landowners with cost share programs.
- Prepare reports including measuring and computing acreage.
- Assist landowners in control burns.
Go to http://www.gatrees.org/about-us/employment/benefitstraining.cfm to learn more about our GREAT benefits!
Bachelor’s degree in forestry, forest resources, or closely related area that includes core forestry coursework from a Society of American Foresters (SAF) accredited college or university. Note: Completes agency specific training and requirements.
Visit https://ga.taleo.net/careersection/ga_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=NAT008A&tz=GMT-04%3A00 for more info and to apply.