Forest Ranger I
Entry Level Salary: $29,046
Job Type: Full Time
Open Until Filled
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- The equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Six months of experience in tractor/truck operations and maintenance.
- Must obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. (Within 90 days of hire date)
- Fire laws and regulations. (In house training will be provided)
- Truck and Tractor operations.
- Perform and coordinate vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Read maps and follow directions.
- Compile and complete reports.
- Use GPS, data recorders and other forestry equipment. (In house training will be provided)
- Communicate orally and in writing.
- Residency policy: Forest Rangers and County Foresters must reside within the county of their work station/counties of responsibility, or reside within a distance that will allow for the employee to arrive at the work station and be in route to the emergency within a thirty minute time period.
- Forest Rangers, County Foresters, State Forest Foreman, Forest Technicians, and Investigators must meet physical fitness standards annually.
- Required to meet emergency response time standards during fire season.
- Frequent exposure to wooded areas and the weather is required.
- Exposure to smoke, fire, and debris while performing fire suppression duties is required.
- General computer skills preferred.
Click here to apply and find more job details.
Arkansas Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 591
Paris, AR 72855