November 8, 2017
|APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY:|
|Forest Ranger I
Division: Arkansas Forestry Commission
Department: District 4
Location: Hempstead County/Hope
Arkansas Forestry Commission
County Forester John Beasley
6634 U.S. Highway 278
Rosston, AR 71858
Standard State of Arkansas employment application required.
Apply on line:
|Entry Level Salary: $29,046
Position #: 22088431
November 15, 2017
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Six months of experience in tractor/truck operations and maintenance.
- Must obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. (Within 90 days of hire date)
- Fire Laws and regulations. (In house training will be provided)
- Truck and Tractor operations.
- Perform and coordinate vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Read maps and follow directions.
- Compile and complete reports.
- Use GPS, data recorders and other forestry equipment. (In house training will be provided)
- Communicate orally and in writing.
- AFC Residency policy: Forest Rangers and County Foresters must live in their area of responsibility or within fifteen road miles of their assigned work center
- Forest Rangers, County Foresters, State Forest Foreman, Forest Technicians, and AFC Investigators must meet physical fitness standards annually
- Required to meet emergency response time standards during fire season.
- Frequent exposure to wooded areas and the weather is required.
- Exposure to smoke, fire, and debris while performing fire suppression duties is required.
- General Computer Skills preferred.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Move to the location of the job at employee’s expense.
AFC Residency policy: Forest Rangers and County Foresters must live in their area of responsibility or within fifteen road miles of their assigned work center. District Foresters must live in their assigned District.