We are looking for a good candidate for an exciting new job opportunity at the University of Maine – Forest Industry Business Development Manager (12-month, non-tenure track).
Summary: The Forest Industry Business Development Manager is responsible for developing relationships with current and potential industry partners in the forestry sector in Maine. This position provides market analysis and technical assistance to the forest products industry to identify business and economic development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the forest products industry.
- Experience in sales, business development, or research and development desired.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to develop and implement initiatives to support the forest products sector.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with business people, local, state and national government officials, as well as University faculty, staff and administration.
- Knowledge of grant writing principles and substantial experience successfully developing grant proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of land-grant institutions university systems and business development highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required in forestry, economics, business or a related field.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel, requiring a valid driver’s license.