New Summer Internship!
Part-time opening at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in Lake City
May 14 – August 10, 2018
The FWC’s Coastal Wildlife Conservation Initiative (CWCI) is now accepting intern applications for the summer term, in unpaid positions potentially qualifying for course credit. If you have a passion for coastal conservation, we encourage you to apply!
• Assist the CWCI Coordinator with projects that conserve coastal wildlife, such as wildlife entanglement prevention, living shorelines research and training, and marine debris reduction.
• Contribute to outreach by assisting with coastal materials distribution, newsletter, and website.
• Gain field experience by assisting with invertebrate and fish sampling, oyster reef deployment, and
other field activities.
• Junior or Senior within the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
• Minimum GPA of 2.75 is required, >3.0 is preferred.
• Ability to swim, snorkel, and lift up to 30 pounds repetitively
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and tolerate insects
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and internet research
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and ability to report to Lake City for work, with some travel
• Knowledge of Florida coastal and estuarine fauna and flora preferred
• Knowledge of boating practices and/or boat operation skills preferred
For more information or an application, contact:
Fara Ilami, email@example.com, (386) 754-1668
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 13, 2018
Visit our website myfwc.com/conservation/special-initiatives/cwci to learn more about our program.