The UF/IFAS School of Forest Resources and Conservation is looking for an Extension Program Manager.
Job duties are as follows:
– Coordinate, supervise, and provide leadership for PLT staff, volunteers, and students working with the program. Coordinate with PLT Steering Committee and national office and oversee strategic planning and implementation of program throughout Florida. Evaluate and report on program. This ongoing program currently has one part-time staff person, about 20 active trained volunteer facilitators that deliver workshops, and about 10 volunteer steering committee members. The largest component of this position is maintaining and growing this volunteer base.
– Formulate and administer program budgets. This person will solicit donations, cultivate relationships, write grant proposals and work with SFRC fiscal staff to reduce duplication on tracking expenditures and reporting requirements.
– Identify emerging issues and opportunities to benefit the SFRC and state environmental education programs. Work with other SFRC staff and faculty on activities potentially including but not limited to SFRC student recruitment, teacher training, and youth education.
– Develop and update resources to improve programs and meet needs. A variety of print and online instructional resources are provided by the national program and a few have been developed in Florida. This position will involve the development of new instructional resources to guide or supplement environmental education lessons as needed (e.g., activities, slide presentations, background information, videos, websites, manuals). This position will also be responsible for periodically updating existing resources for Florida educators.
– Develop and implement a communication plan to support the objectives of the program. Supervise staff who provide communication activities that market the program, engage and incentivize volunteers, attract donors, and meet educational needs.
– Other job duties as assigned.
For more info and to apply, visit: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/508195/extension-program-manager