Title: District Manager
Department: Operations– Texas Region
Location: Livingston, Texas
Salary: Full-time, exempt
Job description: Resource Management Service, LLC. (RMS) is a global forestry-centered investment manager with significant expertise in all phases of institutional timberland investing. Founded and managed by forestry professionals and owned by its employees, RMS is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices across the U.S. South, in Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, and China.
RMS’s Texas region is headquartered in Livingston, Texas and comprises approximately 200,000 acres of highly productive southern pine timberland. The District Manager will be responsible for managing the Woodville, TX district and will work with our Texas Region to achieve a broad range of forest management goals. Contributions in all aspects of forest management will be expected. Including reforestation, stand management, harvest administration, forest data collection and management, SFI/BMP compliance, forest product marketing and merchandising timber security and other land management oversight. This position will work closely with the Region Manager and team to accomplish overall objectives. Success will require understanding key business drivers and execute responsibilities within a team environment.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, budgeting, and executing of harvest and silviculture activities • Assist in the selection, layout, and inspection of timber sales
- Help manage the logistics of the Region’s contract logging force
- Develop District level silvicultural prescriptions
- Monitor contract compliance for work on roads, chemicals applications, mechanical site preparation, tree planting, and other operations in the District
- Coordinate the Region’s prescribed burning, boundary line maintenance, and pre-commercial thinning programs
- Assist in maintaining quality data in the GIS and Inventory Data Management System
- Management of the Region’s recreational license program
- Region Coordinator for compliance with state BMPs, SFI Standards, RMS Sustainable Forest Guidelines, and audits.
- Region Coordinator for the Longleaf Establishment program and Environmental, Social & Governance efforts
- Manage the ad valorem property tax appraisals and tax payments for timberlands
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Management or related Natural Resources program required Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in Forest Management
- Understanding of marketing, merchandising, contract management, forest regeneration, silviculture and forest mensuration
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS systems
- Working knowledge of SFI principles and BMPs
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
How to apply: Send a resume email@example.com.