Title: Consulting Utility Forester
Location: Central Florida
Reports To: Regional Supervisor
CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements. CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through utility arborists and foresters, turn-key UVM operations, quality assurance and control, and program and compliance reviews, often combined with software and LIDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations, providing expert witness, industry analysis, legal and regulatory consulting, and the largest and most comprehensive UVM benchmarking service in North America.
Through these services, CNUC is committed to serving utilities, UVM service providers and other industry stakeholders. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are becoming available. CN Utility Consulting is currently seeking Consulting Utility Foresters in the Sumterville, FL area.
• Contact property owners & public agencies regarding tree pruning and/or removals
• Conduct tree and brush inventories
• Conduct hazard tree inspections and evaluations
• Plan work for tree contractors
• Manage data
• Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area
• Enforce on-the-job safety practices
• Carry and utilize materials, tools, and equipment at work site
• Service trucks and equipment, keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned
• Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
• Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
• Ability to obtain ISA Arborist Certification within 12 months upon job offer
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent customer service skills a priority
• Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
• Proficient in map navigation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
• Competitive wages/excellent benefits
• Clothing allowance
• Smart phone
• Company vehicle/fuel card
• Ongoing training and credentialing
• Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers and submit an application.