Title: Communications and Social Media Assistant OPS
Department: Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Description: The Department of Wildlife Ecology & Conservation is looking for a motivated and talented University of Florida undergraduate or graduate student interested in Social Media, Marketing, and Science Communication. Primary responsibilities will include assisting with outreach to membership of an international scientific organization, creating content to share the results of scientific research on multiple social media platforms and the organization’s web page, and web page development and maintenance. This position is ideal for a creative, self-motivated student with strong understanding of social media, an interest in marketing and communication to diverse and international audiences, and environmental science.
Salary: Part-Time: 7-10 hours / week $14 hour
This is an hourly student OPS position and does not include a tuition/fee waiver or benefits.
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS). Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average and be enrolled for at least six credit hours a semester. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be able to commit to working August 2017 through December 2017 (the exact start and end dates are flexible);
- Experience with WordPress for web page creation and management;
- Experience with image editing software (e.g., Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, or similar);
- Experience generating content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and assessing its impact; Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Experience with video editing software
- Previous marketing experience
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact a plus
- Willingness to put forth creative recommendations and solutions during project conception
- Ability to actively provide and receive creative feedback during weekly critique
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a creative team
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines
- Ability to take direction and seek help when needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
How to apply: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/503105/communications-and-social-media-assistant