Background: Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to write clear prose, excellent computer skills, a mastery of desktop publishing software and a sound understanding of contemporary news media. The employee must also be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Public Relations.
- Prepares original articles for FloridAgriculture magazine
- Manages sales of advertising space in FloridAgriculture magazine and maintains all ad billing and payment records
- Completes the delivery of mailing lists for use by our printing vendor
- Maintains records of postal service mailings of FloridAgriculture magazine
- Maintains FFBF account with the U.S. Postal Service; secures postal payments from the Accounting Division
- Assists in proofreading products created by the Public Relations Division
- Creates and edits the Bureau Banner, Florida Farm Bureau’s monthly employee newsletter
- Serves as a staff photographer
- Edits County President’s Weekly, a newsletter for county Farm Bureau presidents; maintains Industry Insight webpage
- Coordinates the sale of FAMA products to Florida Farm Bureau employees; maintains inventory of FAMA stock at the state headquarters
- Prepares items for the Florida Farm Bureau Federation website, a monthly e-newsletter and other media produced or managed by the Public Relations Division
- Provides research assistance on assigned topics
- Serves as a staff iPhone videographer
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- A college degree is preferred (with major study in journalism, public relations or a related discipline), but a candidate may qualify with an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to represent Florida Farm Bureau Federation in sales calls and other work to secure advertising in FloridAgriculture magazine
- Ability to write clear prose for publication
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- A working knowledge of emerging media
- A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
- A basic knowledge of Florida agriculture
- Must be able to travel within the state or elsewhere.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in writing letters, news articles and press releases must be demonstrated with completed work. Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
- Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.