This job opens on 10/29/17, please assist in posting this opportunity. Please contact Collette Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Job Title: Nature Assistant
Closing Date: 11/12/17 11:59PM
Salary: $12.25-$16.30 Hourly
The City of Gainesville is seeking a Nature Assistant to join the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs department’s Environmental Education team.
This is responsible work assisting the staff within the Nature Operations Division in conducting nature activities in designated park areas.
As a Nature Assistant, you will:
• Plan, revise and conduct education and interpretive programs in nature parks
• Plan, revise and conduct education and interpretive programs off site
• Plan and assist with Earth Academy Day Camp and the Junior Naturalist Program
• Assist in planning and conductions special events and public programs
• Work with volunteers to implement programs
• Care for live animals
• Maintain educational resources
Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma, supplemented by certifications or college level courses in ecology, wildlife management, natural resource management, park management, forestry, education, horticulture, or biology, or related field and one year experience in public contact work or natural resource management work in an outdoor setting.